How do I obtain my AcroDance Assistant Teacher’s Certification?
The Acrobatique AcroDance Teacher’s Certification Program is Divided Into 3 Divisions, with Three Levels per Division: Junior 1,2,3 / Intermediate 1,2,3 / Advanced 1,2,3
As part of the Home Study portion to certification, teachers are required to instruct a minimum of 75 practical teaching hours (verified by their studio owner or industry affiliate), and provide classroom video footage of one selected trick of their choice (more detailed information will be provided during the course) to achieve Division Certification. Teachers will subsequently submit their mandatory Practical Workbook, and Home Study upon completion. This certification criteria is the same for each level: Junior, Intermediate and Advanced.
Personal mentorship is provided throughout the entire process where required via email, telephone or Skype, and Division Certification is obtained only after all items are completed. Teachers may take as long as is necessary to finish their course certification. Most teachers take approximately one to two years to complete each Division. Experienced AcroDance Instructors, who would like to complete their certification more quickly, may apply to qualify for the Fast Track to Certification Method.
The Acrobatique Certification Program is a competency based, hands-on program, where teachers are expected and encouraged to actively participate in their education.
*Note: Teachers are not expected to do Acrobatic tricks at Workshops.*
Acrobatique Courses are always very fun and exciting. Teachers who would like to try Acrobatic tricks within the “Safe Zone” of the Certification Course are welcome to.
Teacher Certification Policies & Procedures
- Registration deadline is 14 days prior to start of course; payment (in full) is due at time of registration.
- Cancellation of registration of a course more than 30 days prior to the start of the course will result in a full refund, less a $25 CAD administration fee/per course cancelled.
- In the case of cancellation of registration less than 30 days prior to the start of course, the applicant’s fee will be held in trust by Acrobatique for the period of one (1) calendar year, to be used as payment toward an alternative seminar within that year. There are no refunds for registration cancellations within 30 days of seminar without a doctors note.
- Certification Course Welcome Package will be emailed to participants once full registration information and payment are received by Acrobatique Head Office; Welcome Package will include details regarding specific course information (location, schedule, FAQ’s, etc.).
- All courses are subject to cancellation by Acrobatique AcroDance. In the case of a cancelled course, Acrobatique is not responsible for any personal fees incurred (such as flight or hotel expenses) or for fluctuations in exchange rates between the time of registration and the time of refund.
- All individuals must register online in order to attend an event. Acrobatique does not accept payment at the door/walk-in registrations.
- Advertising Policies: Studios with certified and registered Acrobatique Instructors will be listed on the Acrobatique website, with a direct link to their home studio’s website. Please inform Acrobatique administration if you relocate studios in the future. When advertising the credentials of your studio/teachers, please use the following designation(s):
“Registered Acrobatique AcroDance Instructor(s)” AND/OR “Acrobatique AcroDance Certification In Progress”
- Acrobatique Logo: Member Studios and Certified Instructors are entitled to use the Acrobatique logo in any and all advertising for their studios/programs.