How do I obtain my Acrobatique Certification as an Assistant Teacher?
Assistant Teachers (ages 14-17/14-16 in Australia) follow the same protocol as adult teachers (see regular protocol HERE), but must attend their certification course with an adult teacher from their home studio, and must continue to assist alongside a certified or certifying Acrobatique teacher in their home studio as they complete their Home Study. Once the Assistant Teacher turns 18 (17 in Australia), he/she can apply to the Acrobatique office to complete their Practical Assessment, where the teacher will conduct a mini AcroDance class to students and is evaluated by an Acrobatique Master Instructor, either in-person or via a video conferencing platform.
Teacher Certification Policies & Procedures
- Cancellation of registration more than 30 days prior to the start of the course will result in a refund, less a course-specific non-refundable deposit per teacher and per course cancelled.
- In the case of cancellation of registration less than 30 days prior to the start of course, the applicant’s tuition will be held in trust by Acrobatique for the period of one (1) calendar year, to be used as payment toward an alternative seminar within that year. There are no refunds for registration cancellations within 30 days of the course.
- (Exception to the above policies): A full refund will be given to any teacher who provides Acrobatique with a doctor’s note stating your inability to attend/participate in the course.
- Registration deadline is 14 days prior to start of course.
- All courses are subject to cancellation by Acrobatique AcroDance. In the case of a cancelled course, Acrobatique is not responsible for any personal fees incurred (such as flight or hotel expenses) or for fluctuations in exchange rates between the time of registration and the time of refund.
- All individuals must register online in order to attend an event. Acrobatique does not accept payment at the door/walk-in registrations
- When advertising your credentials, please use the following designation(s) until your Home Study component to certification has been marked and approved by Acrobatique Faculty:
“Registered Acrobatique AcroDance Instructor(s)” AND/OR “Acrobatique AcroDance Certification In Progress”
- Member Studios and Certifying/Certified Teachers are entitled to use the Acrobatique logo in any and all advertising for their studios/programs.